Student assistance grants and loans are provided by donors and managed by the Scott Community College (SCC) Foundation and its Board of Directors. The funds assist SCC students with immediate needs that may prevent them from successfully completing their college courses.
Student Assistance Fund Conditions & Provisions
To apply, complete and submit the Student Assistance Request form as instructed on the application.
- You can apply for and receive assistance one time per student/household while registered at EICC.
- Assistance is available to SCC students who are currently registered and in good standing.
- Receipts, estimates, billing statements/invoices, eviction notices, shut-off notices, payment of rent notices, or written letters from loaners/payee should be included with the application to verify the assistance requested. The Dean of Students and Foundation reserve the right to verify all information provided, call the company/person to whom the funds are due, or deny the request.
- Checks are not issued to students, but the vendor (i.e.: Barnes & Noble, Mid American Energy, Century Link, landlord, property management group, etc.).
- Support is typically provided as a no-interest loan. Repayment is required before you can register for additional classes. However, if you are awarded a one-time grant, those funds do not have to be repaid.
- Loan repayment may be tied directly to your financial aid package (Pell or student loan). The college will deduct the repayment before a refund is issued.
- If you miss your repayment date, you may be subject to collection calls and we will contact you by mail in an attempt to collect. Failure to pay back a loan may result in a hold on your account. Any balance must be paid before you can register for additional classes.
Emergency Loan Fund
This fund was established by the SCC Foundation to assist students with emergency needs that impact their ability to be successful in the classroom.
- Students are eligible, while funding lasts, for a one-time loan of up to $1,000.
- Assistance can't be used for tuition, fees, computers/laptops/eReaders, or computer accessories.
Veteran's Assistance Loan Fund
Established by the SCC Foundation and its Board of Directors, this fund assists veteran students with financial need while waiting for their books and fees stipend to be processed. This fund provides short-term loans to purchase required textbooks and course materials.
- Students are eligible, while funding lasts, for a one-time loan of up to $1,500.
- Loans provided to students who are only receiving VA benefits will be repaid directly to the college.
- The VA Certifying Official will verify that the student has submitted an application and all documentation for benefits.
Ascentra Credit Union Student Emergency Assistance Grant Fund
In 2018 Ascentra Credit Union awarded a grant to the EICC colleges to assist students with emergency needs.
- Students are eligible, while funding lasts, for a one-time grant of up to $500.
- These funds can be used to help students with transportation and vehicle repair expenses, utilities, food, and medical expenses. This fund will not cover housing deposits, vehicle registration, insurance, prescription medications, tuition, or books.
- Students who receive support will share the impact of the grant in a thank you letter to Ascentra.
Quinn Education Support Grant Fund
Established by Dennis & Lynn Quinn, this fund assists students with textbooks and other items not covered by financial aid.
- Students are eligible, while funding lasts, for a one-time grant of up to $500 and
may be used for the following:
- Physicals, inoculations, and TEAS test fees (Nursing entrance exam)
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) International Honor Society membership fees
- Industry certifications (Automotive ASE, CDL certifications/licensure)
- Required textbooks or tools
- Technology needed for course completion
- To qualify, students must have financial need and qualify for Pell Grant and/or SNAP benefits.
- Students who receive support will share the impact of the grant in a thank you letter to the Quinn’s.