Statement of Non-Discrimination
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
Annual Notice of Non-Discrimination
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges offer programs in the below list of career and technical education subject areas. Due to accreditation, licensing, or other determining factors, additional admissions requirements are required for the programs indicated with an asterisk.
- Accounting Management
- Administrative and Office Support
- Agribusiness Management
- American Sign Language - English Interpreting*
- Automotive Technology
- Business Professional
- Cancer Information Management *
- Certified Nurse Aide *
- CNC Machining
- Construction Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting *
- Diesel Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Services *
- Engineering Technology
- Environmental, Health and Safety
- Farm Management
- Graphic Arts Technology
- Health Information Management
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Horticulture Sciences
- Information Technology *
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Medical Assistant *
- Nursing - ADN *
- Nursing - LPN *
- Radiology Technology *
- Renewable Energy System Specialist
- Respiratory Care****
- Sonography *
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Surgical Technology *
- Technical Studies
- Veterinary Technician *
* Awards within these areas of study have additional admissions requirements. The specific awards and links to these additional requirements are listed below.
** This program is no longer accepting new students
***This is a shared program with Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg, IL. Students attend courses in Galesburg.
****This is a shared program with Northeast Iowa Community College (NIACC).
Notification of this policy of non-discrimination must be published in forums that will allow the entire public to view it. EICC has adopted the following practices regarding distribution of the annual notice:
- Posted on the college website. The annual notice will be posted by August 15 annually.
- Posted annually in a fall edition of the Continuing Education Schedule and the College magazine.
- Distribution to current, applied and potential students annually via email as part of the annual notification email. Distribution occurs in August.
- Distribution to employees occurs annually in August.
Annual Notice is the responsibility of the following:
- The annual notice will be reviewed by the Dean of Curriculum and Accreditation to ensure all CTE programs and specific admissions requirements are included.
- The Vice Chancellor of Student Development will have responsibility for the communication to students.
- The Director of Human Resources will have responsibility for the communication to employees.
- The Director of Enrollment Management will have responsibility for the website and material publication. contact for questions regarding the statement, its use, policies and any concerns or complaints.
Posted September 2, 2021
Revised September 2023