Safety of Students, Faculty and Staff Is Our Highest Priority
In an effort to keep our students safe and informed in emergencies, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges have systems in place to alert students, faculty and staff of school closings and other emergencies.
Emergency Alerts may be issued for the following reasons:
- School Closings including weather related decisions.
- Bomb Threats
- Medical Emergencies
- Other Imminent Dangers
How to Obtain College Delay/Closure Information
Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to use the following resources to obtain emergency/delay/closure information.
- Visit the college website. Emergency Alerts including delay/closure information will be posted.
- Current credit students and adjunct faculty will receive email notifications to their EICC live email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Full time faculty and staff will receive email notifications to their EICC email account. (Name@eicc.edu)
- The college’s Rave alert (EICC Alert) system will text current credit students and employees with a cell phone number on their academic or personnel record. For details on updating your contact information or on opting out of emergency texting, click here.
- Check our social media posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Consult area television and radio stations or their websites. Keep in mind that EICC may be one of hundreds of schools and businesses to notify these media. We cannot guarantee the timeliness of their reports.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.