Certified Nurse Aide
$564 includes textbook *subject to change
$25 Background Check
Train individuals in the fundamentals of direct patient care. This is the core program upon which individuals may begin direct patient care and later be prepared to access the multi-level career courses for Certified Nurse Aides.
Nurse Aides learn the following basic skills related to the residents through classroom, lecture, discussion, and clinical experiences with staff:
- Mental Health
- Social Needs
At the conclusion of the class, the participant will be able to:
- Perform 32 skills.
- Understand the psychological, social and physical needs of the elderly living in long term care facilities.
- Know the "Resident's Rights" and how to identify signs of adult abuse and how to report it.
- Know the "Role and Scope of Practice" of the long term care Nurse Aide.
- Be prepared to take the Iowa state exams for the Direct Care Worker Registry.
- Receive certification verifying completion of the Iowa state approved 75-hour Nurse
- Be able to read, write and speak English at the 6th grade level.
- Have proof of TB Mantoux test results within the current year.
- Be 16 years of age. (If in high school, recommendation from counselor encouraged.)
- Have no lifting restrictions.
Upon successful completion of the 75-hour Nurse Aide course, the student will receive a certificate of completion.
The Nurse Aide program is approved by the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals for employment in a healthcare facility.