There are a number of ways to turn prior learning into college credit:

  • The Advanced Placement Program (AP) was created by the College Board to allow students to earn college credit for completing college-level course work while they attend high school.

  • CLEP is a testing system that provides a way for you to turn your knowledge into college credit.

  • DANTES DSST was originally created for military personnel and is similar to CLEP. However, it is now open to the general public.

For more information on the AP, CLEP or DSST use the links to the left.

To have an examination evaluated for credit you will need the following:

  • An active college application on file.

  • Your examination score(s) sent to the College Registrar for evaluation.


To receive credit

  • Your score must meet or exceed the score.

  • Payment of a recording fee must be received to have the credit applied to your EICC records.