This class is designed to prepare the participant to safely administer or supervise
self-administration of nonparenteral medications. It is for those who are employed
in a fifteen-bed or less MR facility, child caring facility or supervised apartment
or community based living. Emphasis is placed on safely administering medications
or supervising self-administration from a prescription bottle and observing for obvious
reactions to medications.
- List the legislative requirements associated with medication administration.
- Describe the role of the medication manager and identify required methods of drug storage/ disposal.
- Define terms associated with drug administration.
- Differentiate between different drug preparations including precautions for administration.
- List six rights of medication administration and identify information medication managers must know prior to administering medications.
- Demonstrate correct procedures for safe administration of nonparenteral medications.
The program fee is $85. For more information contact the Continuing Education Department