SCC Foundation Scholarships
Support For Our Students. Support For Our Future.
The Scott Community College (SCC) Foundation awards scholarships twice a year to students
who will be attending classes at Scott Community College. There are over 100 active
scholarships that are awarded each year.
Some scholarships are based on academic excellence, while many others are based on factors such as financial need, community involvement, leadership, or area of study. A scholarship committee including SCC faculty, staff, and SCC Foundation Board of Directors members use a Scholarship Rating Rubric to rate all applications. Once ratings are completed, awards are chosen based on the ratings and the ability to meet required scholarship criteria. To apply for scholarships through the SCC Foundation, please follow the instructions below.
Instructions to Apply for SCC Foundation Scholarships
- The SCC Foundation is offering the Extended Fall 2020 Scholarship Opportunity to any
student attending classes for the fall 2020 semester who has not already received
a fall scholarship from the SCC Foundation. Applications are being accepted now through
Wednesday, July 15.
- You can apply for scholarships for the Spring 2021 semester starting August 10, 2020.
- Go to https://eicc-scott.academicworks.com to access the application website.
- Click on the Sign In button in the top right hand corner.
- To sign in you will need to use your EICConnect username and password.
- If this is your first time signing in, you will first be asked to fill out the General
- Once you have completed and submitted your General Application you will be automatically
sorted in scholarships that we call “automatch” scholarships. This means that the
website system is automatically matching you with any and all you are eligible for
with the information from your General Application.
- Next, the system will guide you to view additional scholarship opportunities you may
be eligible for. You can click on the scholarship name (underlined and in red) to
view the required qualifications. If there are any that you are eligible for, you
can click the red “Apply” button to answer the Supplemental Questions.
- The last step is to make sure your references are submitted. You can view the references
you have requested and the status of those references under the “References” tab in
the red bar at the top of the screen.
References are due from the reference provider by the application deadline (Fall: March 1st & Spring: November 1st). Any references submitted after the deadlines will not be considered and may cause your application to be incomplete.
- For additional help, click here to view our Scholarship Checklist
- If you are a new student to Scott Community College, you must first complete an Application
for Admission. You can locate the application at www.eicc.edu/apply.
- Once you have completed an application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Username and Password. Include in the Subject "Scholarship Username
& Password". Please allow 2-3 business days for a response.
- Follow the instructions in the response email to set your password through EICConnect.
- Once you have your Username and Password go to https://eicc-scott.academicworks.com to sign in and access the scholarship application.
- Follow steps 2-8 listed above to complete your application.
Award notifications will be released approximately 20-25 business days after the application deadline date. Notifications will be sent to your student email account and will be visible on your application profile. You will receive a notification either way (if you were selected for an award or if you were not selected for an award).
- SCC Scholarship Application - Step 1: Accessing the Website and Signing In
- SCC Scholarship Application - Step 2: General Application
- SCC Scholarship Application - Step 3: Recommended Opportunities
- SCC Scholarship Application - Step 4: References
To view additional scholarship opportunities available outside of the SCC Foundation, go to https://eicc-scott.academicworks.com and click on “External” located under the “Opportunities” tab.
Still have questions? Call the Foundation Office at 563-441-4063.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.