The EICCD Foundation was established in 2005 to support initiatives that benefit the entire district. The foundation is primarily focused on support of Continuing Education-related programs.
We are proud of the impact our donors have on key programs at EICC:
- Test fees, study materials, and transportation assistance for students in Adult Basic Education/GED programs at the West Davenport Center
- Videos, manikins, and automated external defibrillator training equipment for our CPR training programs
- Materials and equipment for workforce training programs at the Blong Technology Center
- Training props, classrooms and other equipment for training public safety and rescue personnel at the Midwest Center for Public Safety Training
- Supplemental funding for the Eastern Iowa Small Business Development Center
- Acquisition of real estate for key district priorities, including a new West Davenport Center
The EICCD Foundation has a strong and dedicated group of community leaders serving as our Board of Directors.
This Board has developed the following mission statement and identified nine priorities
for the Foundation.
- Meet needs not provided for in college foundations’ missions
- Support innovation and future focus
- Financial support for attendees, with emphasis on non-credit
- Advocacy for EICC
- Support district's facilities needs
- Repository for and distributor of gifts
- Property management
- Collaboration with other/college foundations
Within these priorities, our current areas of focus include:
- Supplemental funding for the Eastern Iowa Small Business Development Center. As state funding for the SBDCs continues to decrease, it is more important than ever to ensure this vital service remains available to entrepreneurs and small business owners in our area.
- Support for students in our Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency Test, adult and family literacy and English language learners programs. This includes expanding Partners for Adult Learning Success (PALS), a donor-designated fund within the Quad Cities Community Foundation that provides financial assistance to students in these areas.
EICCD Foundation Board of Directors
Patricia A. Zamora
Zamora, Taylor, Alexander, Woods & Frederick, Davenport
Mary Lou Engler
First Vice President
Eastern Iowa Community College
District Board of Trustees
Alan R. Tubbs
Second Vice President
President & CEO
Ohnward Bancshares, Maquoketa
William E. Vetter
Senior Vice President
DeWitt Bank & Trust, DeWitt
Chancellor Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
Business & Education Partnership, Bettendorf
Robert S. Gallagher
Gallagher, Millage & Gallagher, Bettendorf
We have a long tradition of providing scholarship and other financial assistance to our students and campus communities. Each of our college foundations raise and distribute funds to hundreds of students each year.
Through the generosity of donors, students who never thought they could afford a college education are sitting in our classrooms. They are hands-on, learning on the same equipment they will use in their careers. They are filling high-demand jobs in healthcare, manufacturing, IT, and more. They are establishing careers and roots in our region, and enjoy a great life.
Help us give more students the same opportunities. Donate now.
To make a gift, please contact: