Change of Place or Training/Program

If you have already received your Educational Benefits for attendance at another institution or for a different program, you do not need to reapply for your benefits. Please refer to the instructions below.

  1. Complete VA Form 22-1995: new window to notify the VA that you are changing your school. The Department of Veterans Affairs will send another Certificate of Eligibility (COE). You will need to bring in a copy to your School Certifying Official.

    Wives or widows of qualifying veterans, who have previously received Chapter 35 benefits, should complete VA Form 22-5495.

  2. If you change your major, you must notify your School Certifying Official and your advisor to make the proper changes in your account.

  3. Submit official academic transcripts, Joint Services Transcripts or Community College of the Air Force to the Registrar’s Office for evaluation. You will also need to fill out the appropriate campus Transcript Evaluation Request new window.

  4. If your VA file is located at another Regional Office and must be transferred, it will take considerably longer for the VA to process your certification and for you to receive your direct deposit.