University of Iowa

University of Iowa is one of the state's three public universities and is located in Iowa City approximately 60 miles west of the Quad-Cities.

Below are links to information you will find helpful as you consider and plan for transferring to the University of Iowa.


University of Iowa/EICC 2 + 2 Program new window

University of Iowa/EICC 3 + 1.5 Nursing Program new window

As soon as you have completed your application to Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, you can apply to participate in the University of Iowa/EICC 2 + 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan. Through this Plan, students first earn their Associate's Degree at Eastern Iowa Community Colleges and then their Bachelor's Degree after two more years at the University of Iowa. Students participate in the program by completing an application on the University of Iowa website. Click on a 2 + 2 major of interest listed at right to identify the recommended courses to complete as you earn your Associate of Arts degree.

How does an AA degree from Eastern Iowa Community Colleges transfer to the University of Iowa?

An Associate in Arts degree will fulfill all of the General Education Program requirements in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the College of Education, Tippie College of Business, and University College at the University of Iowa with the exception of the respective World Language requirement for each UI college and the Diversity and Inclusion requirement for the College of Liberal Arts and Science. The World Language requirement can be met through high school and/or college coursework in a foreign language. Contact Academic Advising at your community college for more information about this.

How does an AS degree from Eastern Iowa Community Colleges transfer to the University of Iowa?

The Associate in Science Degree may be a better choice when a student is pursuing a bachelor's degree that requires more math and science courses. The AS degree transfers on a course-by-course basis. This means that the University of Iowa will consider each course individually to identify the general education requirements that have been satisfied. Students pursuing an AS degree therefore need to know exactly how each course will transfer, and how each course will fulfill the general education requirements of their intended major at the University of Iowa. Academic Advising at your community college can assist you with this.

Transfer in Iowa new window

Through Transfer in Iowa, you can learn about Reverse Transfer and how students transferring to one of the state universities in Iowa can apply coursework successfully completed at the state university toward the completion of their degree, certificate, or diploma at the community college. Please see an advisor on your EICC campus for additional information. 


Have questions?

If you have not yet registered for classes at one of our colleges, an admissions representative will be happy to answer your questions regarding transfer.

If you are a current student, contact your advisor or Academic Advising at your college:

  • Clinton: 563-244-7001
  • Muscatine: 563-288-6001
  • Scott: 563-441-4181

To speak with a University of Iowa representative about transferring, contact:

Tom Paulsen
Director, Transfer Relations
100 Pomerantz Center, Rm C110, Iowa City, IA 52242
800-553-4692  or  319-335-1559

University of Iowa Links