Simpson College

Simpson College, located in Indianola, Iowa, is a private liberal arts college. Please review the following information closely as you consider and plan for transferring to Simpson College.

How does the AA or AS transfer to Simpson College?

An AA Degree earned at Eastern Iowa Community Colleges will transfer to Simpson as fulfilling all of the general education requirements needed to earn a bachelor degree at Simpson College. Note that there is a maximum of 12 credits with a grade of D-, D or D+ , including those earned at a community college, which can be applied toward a Simpson BA degree.

An AS Degree does not automatically fulfill the general education requirements of Simpson College. An AS degree will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis to determine any general education requirements that have been fulfilled. Only courses with a minimum grade of C- will be accepted.

Have questions?
If you have not yet registered for classes at one of our colleges, an admissions representative new window will be happy to answer your questions regarding transfer.

If you are a current student, please contact your advisor or Academic Advising at your college:
  • Clinton: 563-244-7001
  • Muscatine: 563-288-6001
  • Scott: 563-441-4181

At Simpson College contact:
Jeremy Johnson new window
Assistant Director of Admissions

Simpson College Links