Career Exploration & Assessment
Whether you are graduating high school soon, or have been in the workforce for years and are considering a career change, the idea of finding the “right” career and degree for you can be overwhelming. Luckily, our Career Services team would be happy to schedule an appointment to meet with you 1:1 to:
- Discuss your interests, hiring trends, available programs, and help guide you on your career exploration path.
- We can also introduce you to free career and interest assessments and assist in interpreting the results.
Contact your local EICC Career Services Coordinator below and set-up an appointment.
Online Assessments and Career Exploration Resources
The resources listed below are not affiliated with EICC, but may offer additional insight into your career exploration journey.
- Career Coach: Designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data
on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook : Created by the U.S. Dept of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, this is the extensive
site is the official source for national data on career fields in the U.S.
- Glassdoor : This site has information about salaries for specific companies, company reviews
provided by actual employees, in addition to job postings.
- 16 Personalities : This free online personality assessment gives you an in-depth look into your dominant
personality type, including what career fields might fit best for you.
- DISC Personality Test : This short assessment focuses on your communication style, and how you may best interact with others. Be sure to click the link for the free DISC test.