Iowa State University Transfer Notes

Elementary Education Transfer Major, AA

Students are encouraged to use the following information while planning their associate’s degree at Eastern Iowa Community Colleges. This information is intended to assist students in the transfer process to Iowa State University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in elementary education after the completion of the associate’s degree.

  • Students are encouraged to participate in ISU’s Admissions Partnership Program and use the Elementary Education Transfer Plans.

  • ISU’s Elementary Education program requires a grade of "C" or better in Communication courses (Written Composition I and II). If not achieved, the course(s) may need to be retaken at ISU.

  • ISU requires that students take an International Perspective course. This course does not have to be taken prior to transfer, however EICC does offer approved International Perspective courses: ANT:105, HIS:117, MUS:100, POL:121, POL:125, or REL:101

  • Natural and Physical Science course recommendations: ISU recommends that students take either BIO:105 or BIO:163 for the Life Science requirement and one of the following for the Physical Science requirement- CHM:122, PHS:152, PHS:166, or PHS:172

  • Students pursuing Teacher Certification should contact ISU to determine minimum grade requirements and other admission criteria for the teacher education program.

  • Foreign Language requirement: Education majors can fulfill the foreign language requirement through 2 years in a single language in high school or 2 semesters in a single language in college.

  • Additional resources can also be found on the EICC Iowa State University Transfer Page.

EICC strongly recommends you contact your intended transfer institution for specific transfer information and course recommendations. Transfer Partners ultimately determine the transferability of courses and how they will apply toward bachelor degree progress. Completion of a Transfer Major, AA degree does not guarantee admission to a Transfer Partner. Transfer admission requirements are determined by Transfer Partners. EICC strongly recommends you contact your intended transfer institution for information about admission requirements.