Iowa State University Transfer Notes

Early Childhood Teacher Licensure Transfer Major, AA

Students are encouraged to use the following information while planning their associate’s degree at Eastern Iowa Community Colleges. This information is intended to assist students in the transfer process to Iowa State University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in early childhood teacher licensure after the completion of the associate’s degree.

  • Students are encouraged to participate in ISU’s Admissions Partnership Program.

  • ISU’s Early Childhood Education program requires a grade of "C" or better in Communication courses (Written Composition I and II). If not achieved, the course(s) will need to be retaken at ISU.

  • ISU requires that students take an International Perspective course. This course does not have to be taken prior to transfer, however EICC does offer approved International Perspective courses: ANT:105, HIS:117, MUS:100, POL:121, POL:125, or REL:101.

  • Students pursuing Early Childhood Teacher Licensure should contact Raquel Zuniga at, ECE-Unified academic advisor, to determine minimum grade requirements and other admission criteria for the Educator Prep program.

  • If additional electives are needed for the Transfer Major AA degree, EDU:213 is recommended.
  • Foreign Language requirement: Early Childhood –Unified education majors can fulfill the foreign language requirement through 2 years in a single language in high school or 2 semesters in a single language in college.

  • Additional resources can also be found on the EICC Iowa State University Transfer Page.

EICC strongly recommends you contact your intended transfer institution for specific transfer information and course recommendations. Transfer Partners ultimately determine the transferability of courses and how they will apply toward bachelor degree progress. Completion of a Transfer Major, AA degree does not guarantee admission to a Transfer Partner. Transfer admission requirements are determined by Transfer Partners. EICC strongly recommends you contact your intended transfer institution for information about admission requirements.