Iowa State University Transfer Notes
Chemistry Transfer Major, AS
Students are encouraged to use the following information while planning their associate’s degree at Eastern Iowa Community Colleges. This information is intended to assist students in the transfer process to Iowa State University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in chemistry after the completion of the associate’s degree.
- Students are encouraged to participate in ISU’s Admissions Partnership Program and use Chemistry Transfer Plans.
- ISU’s Chemistry program requires a grade of "C" or better in Composition II. If not
achieved, the course may need to be retaken at ISU.
- ISU requires that students take an International Perspective course. This course does
not have to be taken prior to transfer, however EICC does offer approved International
Perspective courses: ANT:105, HIS:117, MUS:100, POL:121, POL:125, or REL:101.
- ISU requires that students take a US Diversity course. This course does not have to
be taken prior to transfer, however EICC does offer approved US Diversity courses:
EDU:235, EDU:245, PSY:261, or SOC:115.
- If additional electives are needed for the Transfer Major AS degree, students may
take PHY:212 and PHY:222 to fulfill requirements for a B.A. or a B.S. in Chemistry.
If pursuing the B.S., students can also take MAT:219.
- Foreign Language requirement: Students can fulfill ISU’s College of Liberal Arts and
Sciences foreign language requirement through 3 years in a single language in high
school or 2 semesters in a single language in college.
- Students pursuing Teacher Certification: Contact ISU to determine minimum grade requirements
and other admission criteria for the teacher education program. Additional course
recommendations for teacher certification in chemistry- POL:111, HIS:151 or HIS:152,
PSY:121, PSY:281, and EDU:213.
- Additional resources can also be found on the EICC Iowa State University Transfer Page.
The transfer of a Transfer Major, AS degree to a four-year college or university is often on a course-by-course articulation. EICC strongly recommends you contact your intended transfer institution for specific transfer information and course recommendations. Transfer Partners ultimately determine the transferability of courses and how they will apply toward bachelor degree progress. Completion of a Transfer Major, AS degree does not guarantee admission to a Transfer Partner. Transfer admission requirements are determined by Transfer Partners. EICC strongly recommends you contact your intended transfer institution for information about admission requirements.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
t is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.