Admission Criteria for LPN
Criteria for LPN to Enter Second Semester with Advanced Standing
- Be a graduate of a State approved Practical Nursing Program with a GPA of 2.75 or higher in the general education courses in the nursing curriculum.
- Hold a current unencumbered Iowa Practical Nursing license.
- Meet the requirements for admission into the ADN nursing program.
- Graduated within five (5) years.
- Employed at least on a part-time basis as an LPN.
- Satisfy the college residency requirements to qualify for graduation.
- Achieve a minimum score of 70% on the Assessment Technology Institute (ATI) Tests of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Students who score between 60-69% will be considered for the ADN program based on seat availability, remediation, and admission criteria.
Failure to meet the criteria # 1, 4 or 7:
- #1 If GPA is below 2.75 the student may retake those courses identified by the advisor.
Student will not be permitted to repeat clinical courses.
- #4 Successfully complete required courses
- #7 Students who score between 60-69% will be considered for the ADN program based on seat availability, remediation, and admission criteria. The TEAS test may be repeated one time (the student is required to pay the fee again when retesting).