Candidates for admission to the Medical Assistant program must fulfill EICC admission and the following program admissions requirements to be considered for the program:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or have a high school equivalency
that is in conformity with the requirements of the Department of Education, State
- Demonstrate college-level readiness in English, according to EICC placement assessments.
If applicable must have a test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) on file. Language proficiency for non-native speakers of English must be at a score of 500 or higher OR complete the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5 – no sub score below 6.0. In addition, one must have a speaking 1:1 time with an ESL/ELA coordinator.
- Must have official college transcripts for any colleges previously attended received
by an EICC Admissions Office prior to admission.
- Able to meet the following requirements of the Medical Assistant Program:
- Actively participate in a very rigorous academic program
- Remain calm in very stressful situations on a one-to-one basis
- Work with groups of people in stressful situations
- Ability to bend, squat, reach, kneel, carry, and lift
- Ability to be on his/her feet for six to twelve consecutive hours in the clinical
- Once the above steps are completed, complete the Medical Assistant Program Admissions Application online.
Must be completed before externship:
- Proof of current Healthcare CPR and First Aid certification (must be valid through
- Physical with current vaccinations
- All course work on Medical Assistant Factsheet.