This 65 hr course is designed to prepare students who are working as nurse aides with
the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively provide rehabilitative therapies
under the direction of a physical therapist or occupational therapist.
- Be active on the Iowa Direct Care Worker Registry.
- Provide proof of completion of a Certified Nurse Aide course.
- Must provide proof of current TB skin test.
- Identify the components of the rehabilitation process including roles of team members.
- Recognize normal basic anatomy and physiology of body systems and how normal aging and disease affect these systems.
- Describe and demonstrate various rehabilitation techniques including ROM, body mechanics, transferring, positioning and ambulating.
- Recognize and teach physiological and psychological benefits of independence in care as related to ADLs.
- Demonstrate the use of exercise protocols.
- Describe the assessment process used in developing a rehab plan and differentiate
the roles of the therapist and aide in carrying out that plan.
The program fee is $450. For more information contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-888-336-3907.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.