This 65 hr course is designed to prepare students who are working as nurse aides with
the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively provide rehabilitative therapies
under the direction of a physical therapist or occupational therapist.
- Be active on the Iowa Direct Care Worker Registry.
- Provide proof of completion of a Certified Nurse Aide course.
- Must provide proof of current TB skin test.
- Identify the components of the rehabilitation process including roles of team members.
- Recognize normal basic anatomy and physiology of body systems and how normal aging and disease affect these systems.
- Describe and demonstrate various rehabilitation techniques including ROM, body mechanics, transferring, positioning and ambulating.
- Recognize and teach physiological and psychological benefits of independence in care as related to ADLs.
- Demonstrate the use of exercise protocols.
- Describe the assessment process used in developing a rehab plan and differentiate
the roles of the therapist and aide in carrying out that plan.
The program fee is $450. For more information contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-888-336-3907.