Cybersecurity Awareness at EICC
Stop, look, think
Be aware of strategies used by cybercriminals
- Malware, Ransomware
- Phishing, Spear phishing
- Social engineering and fake profiles
If it seems too good to be true or creates a sense of urgency
- Examine URLs
- Don’t open unexpected attachments
- Look at email headers
- Call the sender or go directly to the source
Wear your seatbelt
Simple preventative measures
- Use strong passwords
- Don’t reuse passwords (use a password manager)
- Use multi-factor authentication (MFA) whenever possible
- Lock your devices when not in use
- Beware of public wifi
- Share carefully
- Complete information security training annually
See something, say something
Help us protect everyone
- Report suspicious emails, telephone calls, text messages, and any other contact that seem unusual.
- If you’re unsure, ask IT
- If you’ve accidently clicked a link, don’t hesitate to ask for help.
Enhanced Cybersecurity Measures
Protecting you, your personal information and the college from cyber threats is a top concern at EICC.
In an effort to enhance our cyber security, we are implementing new tools and login procedures.
Cyber Threat Protection
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
t is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.