Arconic Foundation Global Internship
Thanks to the Arconic Foundation Global Internship grant, students ages 18-24 now have the unique opportunity to serve internships with several different area manufacturing companies. This is what our current interns are saying:
- "I like the experience. I'm at the power plant right now. I've been crunching data
on two of their boiler feed pumps, trying to see if they need any maintenance. They
are worth over $1 million dollars. I would recommend the internship to any students
trying to get their foot in the door to manufacturing." - Mechanical Design Student
at Muscatine Power and Water
- "The internship is going great. The schedule I have set up is nice. I am learning a lot and doing a lot of different tasks around the shop so it's great experience. I am going to apply at Marco and have a good chance at getting hired so it worked out great!" - Welding Student at Marco
Interns benefit with:
- 100 hours of hands-on experience in a manufacturing company.
- Earning $10/hour working part-time while you job shadow at least two employees with
different careers and experience the jobs first-hand.
- Working with counselors and mentors to create a future career plan.
- Learning valuable workplace skills and orientation to the company and its different career paths.
To apply contact your Eastern Iowa Community Colleges Manufacturing Career Navigator:
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.