Pre-Engineering Pathway, Liberal Arts AA
Note that engineering requirements vary considerably, depending on both the specialty and the transfer institution you select. It is important to plan your selection carefully with both an Eastern Iowa Community Colleges advisor and your intended transfer institution.
General Education Requirements for Pre-Engineering Pathway
Choose from the General Education Requirements according to your goals and interests and the requirements of your intended transfer institution.
- MAT:210 Calculus I, 4 credits
- MAT:216 Calculus II, 4 credits
- MAT:219 Calculus III, 4 credits
- MAT:227 Differential Equations, 4 credits
- CHM:165/166 General Chemistry I, 4 - 5 credits
- PHY:212 Classical Physics I, 5 credits
- PHY:222 Classical Physics II, 5 credits
Electives for Pre-Engineering Pathway
Pre-Engineering requirements vary depending on the transfer institution. It is important to plan your course selection carefully with both your community college advisor and your intended transfer institution. Choose elective courses as needed to complete the 62 credit hours required of an Associate Degree.
- EGR:180 Engineering Statics, 3 credits
- EGR:280 Dynamics, 3 credits
- EGR:285 Introduction to Electrical Science, 3 credits
- EGR:290 Thermodynamics, 3 credits
- EGR:380 Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, 3 credits
- PSY:111 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
- SOC:115 Social Problems, 3 credits
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.