Pre-Engineering Concentration, Associate in Arts Degree
Note that engineering requirements vary considerably, depending on both the specialty and the transfer institution you select. It is important to plan your selection carefully with both an Eastern Iowa Community Colleges advisor and your intended transfer institution.
General Education Requirements for Pre-Engineering
Choose from the General Education Requirements according to your goals and interests and the requirements of your intended transfer institution.
- MAT:210 Calculus I, 4 credits
- MAT:216 Calculus II, 4 credits
- MAT:219 Calculus III, 4 credits
- MAT:227 Differential Equations, 4 credits
- CHM:165/166 General Chemistry I, 4 - 5 credits
- PHY:212 Classical Physics I, 5 credits
- PHY:222 Classical Physics II, 5 credits
Concentration Electives for Pre-Engineering
Pre-Engineering requirements vary depending on the transfer institution. It is important to plan your course selection carefully with both your community college advisor and your intended transfer institution. Choose elective courses as needed to complete the 62 credit hours required of an Associate Degree.
- EGR:180 Engineering Statics, 3 credits
- EGR:280 Dynamics, 3 credits
- EGR:285 Introduction to Electrical Science, 3 credits
- EGR:290 Thermodynamics, 3 credits
- EGR:380 Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, 3 credits
- PSY:111 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
- SOC:115 Social Problems, 3 credits