Textbook and Bookstore Information
Most online courses require a physical textbook. You will be required to locate and
purchase your textbooks before the start of class. Financial aid may be used to cover
the cost of books, if they are purchased at your campus bookstore. You can check your
available bookstore funds on EICConnect under E-bridge -> Students -> Financial Information -> Available Bookstore Funds.
Buying a Textbook Online
Once you are registered for classes, you can search for the textbook you need on the Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Go to Textbooks -> Find Textbooks and input your classes. Be sure to select your campus (Clinton, Muscatine, or Scott).
If you order online from our campus Barnes & Noble Bookstores they offer the option to ship books to your home.
If you decide to purchase books from another retailer, be sure to select the correct ISBN, edition, and publisher. You may want to check with your instructor before purchasing a text from a 3rd party retailer to ensure that no additional materials (cds, software download codes, etc) are required with the textbook. *Barnes & Noble does have a price match program, they will price match Amazon, bn.com, & local competitors.
You can find the list of needed textbooks with your schedule by going to EICConnect
-> My Bookmarks (on the right-hand side) -> Class Schedule. Pick the correct term
and click "submit."
Our Bookstore Websites
- Clinton Community College Bookstore
- Muscatine Community College Bookstore
- Scott Community College Bookstore
- Scott Community College - Urban Campus Bookstore
Several courses require additional materials such as lab kits, software, or safety
materials. Be sure to purchase these so that you have them when the course begins.
They are listed along with the book on the Barnes & Noble website as well as in your
Digital Course Fee/Embedded Textbooks
Some classes include a digital materials fee. You may not be required to purchase a physical textbook for some of these courses. Check your course syllabus. A fee of $117.35 will be assessed to cover the cost of the embedded content. You can access this content directly in the online classroom.
The following eCourses will have a $117.35 content charge added to your student costs:
- BIO-168 Human Anatomy & Physiology I w/Lab (DEC sections only) - Textbook required
- BIO-173 Human Anatomy & Physiology II w/Lab (DEC sections only) – Textbook required
- CRJ-130 Criminal Law (all sections)
- ENG-105 English Composition I (all sections with the exception of ENG-105-DER01)
- MAT-063 Elementary Algebra (all sections)
- MAT-104 Applied Math Topics (all sections)
- MAT-110 Math for Liberal Arts (all sections)
- MAT-121 College Algebra (all sections)
- MAT-140 Finite Math (all sections)
- MAT-156 Statistics (DEC sections only)
- MGT-130 Principles of Supervision (all sections)
- MKT-110 Principles of Marketing (all sections)
- POL-111 American National Government (all sections)
- SOC-110 Introduction to Sociology (DEC sections only)
Please Note: You will not be required to purchase a separate textbook unless specified. The electronic textbook will be included in the course content and accessible when you log on.