Eastern Iowa Community College has been approved by the state of Iowa to participate in the National Council of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Iowa became a SARA state in 2015. Eastern Iowa Community College became a SARA institution in June 2016. This allows students from NC-SARA approved states to enroll in:
- Online degree programs, certificates, and endorsements that include internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences, student teaching, and clinical placements, and
- Campus-based courses with out-of-state internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences,
student teaching, and clinical placements.
Members of SARA are highlighted in blue on the NC-SARA map
Online Courses and Programs
Eastern Iowa Community College's (EICC) online courses and programs are available to students in all SARA states. If the programs include internships, field experiences, student teaching, and/or clinical placements, please check with the Program Director if you reside or plan to be educated in Florida, Massachusetts, or California.
The following degree programs are offered by EICC completely online:
- Associates of Arts (AA Degree Completion, Non-Licensure)
- Associates of Science (AS Degree Completion, Non-Licensure)
- Accounting Management (AAS Degree, Diploma, Non-Licensure)
- Business Management (AAS Degree Completion, Non-Licensure)
- Cancer Information Management (AAS Degree, Diploma, Certificate, Non-Licensure)
- Health Information Management (AAS Degree, Diploma, Non-Licensure)
- Environmental, Health and Safety Technology (AAS Degree, Diploma, Certificate, Non-Licensure)
Courses within Campus-Based Programs With Out-of-State Student Activities
Eastern Iowa Community College's (EICC) campus-based programs that require or offer internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences, student teaching, or clinical placements as part of the program are available to students in all SARA states. If you reside or plan to be educated in Florida, Massachusetts, or California, please check with the Program Director to be sure there are no restrictions in these non-SARA states.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.