Accessing and Taking an Online Classes
- Log on to EICConnect, detailed Login Instructions are available here.
- After logging into EICConnect,, click on the “My Classes- Classroom and Online (Fall 2017)” link on the left hand
side the page. This will take you to your Canvas Dashboard, where you will find tiles
that allow you to enter your classes. Until the start of the term, if your class tiles
are not on your dashboard, use the "Courses" tab in the global navigation bar. In
this menu, select "All Courses". This will show you a list of all courses you are
enrolled in. Everything Canvas
- Your @live.eicc.edu e-mail account is considered your primary e-mail address for EICC
communication and contact.
** All correspondence from EICC and ICCOC will be sent to this e-mail address. **
CHECK YOUR E-MAIL OFTEN AND READ IT CAREFULLY!!
Need Help or Have Questions?
If you experience any issues with EICConnect or your Live Email Account please contact the EICC Help Desk (563)336-3456 or via email at email@example.com. They are available via phone Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. On the weekends they are available via email.
All other questions, please contact your advisor
Each classroom will be a bit different based on your instructor. Here are a few tips to be successful:
- Read your course syllabus carefully.
- Check your EICC email regularly as this is the primary way those at the college (including instructors) will contact you.
- Communicate with your instructor to clarify expectations and requirements.
- Plan ahead! If you know you have an event (vacation, etc.) coming up, discuss this early on with your instructor.
- Review the Course Calendar to be aware of deadlines and due dates.
- Set up reminders on your computer or smart phone to keep yourself on track.
- Keep in mind that for every credit hour you are enrolled in, plan on spending two additional hours per week working on assignments and/or studying.
- Work closely with your advisor if you have any concerns.
- Consider tutoring options early.
- Participate throughout the learning week and stay involved!