QCCC Educational Materials
The following is a list of websites and videos that will help you as a student, teacher or parent get a better understanding of the curriculum in which you are delivering to your students.
- Eastern Iowa Community College's Career Coach- Designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data
on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
- Manufacture your Future: A website dedicated to the present and future state of the manufacturing industry.
It includes a virtual field trip archive of the Alcoa plant in Davenport, Iowa. The
website is also sponsored by Discovery Education along with the Alcoa Foundation.
- Southeast Iowa STEM Region: A regional website of the Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council. They have several resources for everyone from elementary students to educators.
These help with activities that reinforces the STEM curriculum in both the classroom
and in the real world. The council also offers several events and programs for everyone
to participate in.
- The Quad City Engineering and Science Council (QCESC): A website for students, educators, and businesses whose mission is "To Promote
and support engineering, science, and technical professionals and associated societies
in the Quad City Region and to Encourage and support students to study in STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) related fields." This is done through events
for all ages and scholarships.
- Casa Guanajuato Quad Cities: Their mission is to contribute to the Hispanic/Latino
communities through immigration services, advocacy, education, and cultural heritages.
Their vision is fairness and equity for all. This program does offer workforce development
for those who are Hispanic/Latino and want to work.
- Putnam Museum: The museum in Davenport offers several ways to educate others on STEM. This can
be done in a few ways like planning class visits, field trips, educational videos,
and creating experiments and activities for anyone to do at home.
- Family Museum: The museum in Bettendorf also offers some programs to help educate young children.
This is done through their classes, field trips, and outreach. They even have workshops
aiming to help get badges in scouts.
- FFA : FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential
for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
- SpecialEducationGuide.com is a comprehensive resource designed for current and aspiring teachers, administrators,
and others working in the field. Learn what it takes to become a special education
teacher, including earning your degree, completing teacher certification, and getting
started in the field.
- Learnhowtobecome.org's Guide to Outdoor Careers-The guidebook highlights;
- Careers as a landscape architect, with a breakdown of the various jobs and requirements,
average salary and compensation, as well as, the academic path to land a position
in this field.
- Scholarships catering to students with a focus on outdoor education and related fields.
- Extra resources recommended by experts in these outdoor fields: