College Connections Individual Registration


Earn Credit in HS Checklist new window

Student CCIR Checklist

Counselor CCIR Checklist

CCIR Registration Form new window

What is College Connections Individual Registration (CCIR) Program?

  • CCIR is an enrollment option that provides high school students with an opportunity to register for courses that are not provided at their high school. In 2016, the state of Iowa made changes to the Senior Year Plus program that changed P.S.E.O. (Postsecondary Enrollment Options) for high schools that have concurrent enrollment contracts with their local Community College. The CCIR program allows students to enroll as individual students in Eastern Iowa Community College courses which take place on an EICC campus or Online.

  • The Senior Year Plus act allows high school students the opportunity to enroll part-time at Clinton, Muscatine, or Scott Community College. All three colleges are eligible institutions and encourage high school students to take advantage of the opportunity to enroll in college courses.


Who is eligible?

Any student who meets the requirements of their high school, and the placement / prerequisite constraints of the requested course, per the college catalog.

What classes can I take?

Students may enroll in a course only if a "comparable"
course is not available at their high school. A "comparable" course is one that is offered by:

  • The school district you attend,
  • The accredited nonpublic school you attend, or
  • The school district in which the accredited nonpublic school you attend is located.

Students may enroll in credit-bearing courses that lead to a degree.

Students may enroll in one or more courses but must remain part-time students. Part-time enrollment is 11 credits or less during the fall and spring semesters.


What are the costs?

There is no charge to students for tuition, textbooks,
materials or fees. For public school students, the student's high school pays those costs. For nonpublic school students, the school district in which the nonpublic school is located pays those costs.

However, students may be required to purchase equipment or supplies that become the property of the student. Students should discuss this with their high school counselor.

Students who withdraw or drop a course, or fail a course, are then responsible to the local school district for the course.

Even when dropping a course, a portion of the cost of the course may be owed depending on what date the course was dropped. Transportation to and from the college is the responsibility of the students and their parents or guardians.

What about transfer of credits?

Courses must be taken for credit. (The course may not be audited.) The local school district will determine the number of high school credits to be granted for successful completion of the course. The credit given may count toward applicable graduation requirements of the local school district, and postsecondary credits will be included on the students' high school transcripts.

How do I apply?

Your high school counselor has the information about the program. You must inform your high school counselor of your intent to participate in the program during the coming school year. After that time, should you change your mind about participating, inform your high school counselor immediately.

See your high school counselor to discuss the postsecondary courses you intend to take and how they fit into the high school requirements.

Complete and sign the appropriate forms. If you are under 18 years of age, your parents' or guardians' signatures are required before you can enroll in any postsecondary course.

Meet with a representative of the admissions staff at Clinton, Muscatine, or Scott Community Colleges. Additional forms and information may be required by the college to determine whether or not you are accepted.

Deciding whether to apply for enrollment in postsecondary courses at Clinton, Muscatine, or Scott Community College is an important decision. Start by planning early.

This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader new window if needed.