Credential Completion & Success
- Show the public- teachers, students, parents- that we DO care about their success
and are working together to support it.
- We need public campaigns that enforce “high school is not enough” and that post-secondary
completion IS possible.
- Campaigns also need to help de-stigmatize CTE’s/ Apprenticeships as a viable and respectable
- Figure out how to make targeted and tiered communication pathways with parents and their students go through K-12.
- Identify and confirm leadership for this committee.
- Develop a directory of partners.
- Create a group that will develop marketing/branding materials (Chamber with the help
of an advertising agency)
- K-12 must contact legislators and advocate for their needs, i.e. -we need to push the Perkins CTE Bill.
- Develop a common orientation among institutions and community services.
- Shift the paradigm so that college becomes the expectation at an early age.
- Encourage school-based campaigns that show career paths of alumni.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.