How to Begin
- Complete the Credit for Prior Learning Application Form and return it to the Dean of Adult Education.
- The Dean will give you a copy of the appropriate Course Development Model(s) (CDM).
A CDM is EICC’s terminology for what is to be included in a course of instruction offered by the college. It contains course name, number, goals, learning objectives, standard course resources, etc. It is intended that every course taught at EICC meet the learning objectives as outlined in the CDM for that course.
- Complete your Portfolio and submit it to the Dean of Adult Education. There will be
a portfolio assessment fee due upon submission of the portfolio.
- Please allow four to six weeks from the date of submission to receive an official
response to your request.
- Portfolio credit for prior learning will be recorded on the academic transcript when
payment of the transcript fee is paid to the business office and the Credit for Prior
Learning Portfolio Request Form is returned to the registrar. The transcript recording
fee is $9.00 per credit hour.
- For questions or more information about a Portfolio Learning Assessment, contact the Dean of Adult Education.
To learn how you can get a jump start on your academic progress, contact the Adult Education department today.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.