EICC Travel Guidelines: Summer 2021/Fall 2021
The following guidelines are effective July 1, 2021.
The following are general guidelines for EICC employees for travel as we work to stop the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Employees traveling on college business are required to comply with all college COVID protocols including wearing masks for those that are unvaccinated.
College-Sponsored Domestic Travel
- EICC-sponsored domestic essential travel, including conferences for training or meetings will require cabinet level administrative approval. Out-of-State (outside of our border communities) continues to require Chancellor’s approval. Employees should work with their supervisor to complete the travel requests in a timely manner prior to registering for conferences or booking any travel. Essential travel is defined as travel that is essential to the operation of the college; that no alternative method of convening is possible; and that the health and safety of EICC employees will be appropriately managed. Employees are encouraged to review travel guidance provided on the CDC website.
Personal Domestic Travel
- No restrictions at this time. However, employees traveling are encouraged to review the CDC’s latest guidance for travelers.
College-Sponsored International Travel
- International travel with or without students is suspended until further notice.
- Job applicant travel for those who reside outside the US is suspended until further notice. Electronic means of communication (phone, video conferencing, etc.) should be used as an alternative. Hiring managers with questions regarding the arrangement of alternative interview means for international job applicants should contact the Human Resources Department.
Personal International Travel
- Employees who travel internationally are required to follow procedures recommended by the CDC. Employees planning for international travel should speak to their supervisor and
Human Resources. Current procedures are as follows:
Effective July 1, 2021
For Fully Vaccinated Individuals:
For Unvaccinated Individuals
After you travel:
- Stay Home and Self -Quarantine. You will need to use appropriate leave for your self-quarantine time. Remote work is not authorized for quarantine required post international travel. Self-Quarantine will be for a minimum of 7 days determined by the employee’s willingness to test and receipt of a negative result. Employees most confer with Human Resources regarding a return to work date.
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.