- Supervision and Leadership
- Soft Skills
- Manufacturing Technology
- Supply-Chain Management
- Health & Safety
- Renewable Energy
Keeping things running smoothly often comes down to great processes and good communication. We can help provide training that grows individual and organizational capacity, leading to increased growth and revenue.
- Customer Service
- Email Etiquette
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Lean and Six Sigma, including tools such as 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen and FMEA
- Project Management
- Team Building
- Thriving Through Change
We create life-long learning opportunities to retrain as well as maintain the technology skills required for a competitive and employable workforce. We will assist your employees in acquiring results-oriented computer skills.
- Data Management (SQL, database development, Microsoft Server, etc.)
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Programming Languages (PHP, Java, HTML5, etc.)
- Various other software programs
We develop and deliver a wide array of leadership and employee development training programs designed to prepare leaders and associates at all levels of an organization. We fill the gap from being a technical expert to becoming a leader.
- Driving Difficult Conversations
- EICC Frontline Leadership Series
- Leading: Beyond Management
- Leading Teams Through Change
- Manager Boot Camp
- Managing for Change
- Real Colors
In addition to technical abilities, employers are also looking for the work ethic,
attitude and communication skills that are crucial for success in all aspects of your
life. These ‘soft skills’ are often what sets you apart from other job candidates
and makes you stand out as a new employee. Good time management, being accountable
for your actions, working well in a team, problem-solving and showing initiative all
contribute positively to how you are perceived by other people. Employers are looking
for individuals with the skills that will help them contribute positively to their
organizations . . . and they’re all behaviors embedded in the curriculum and expectations
of an education through Eastern Iowa Community Colleges.
(back to top)
Innovation and technological advances are rapidly transforming US manufacturing. Production is being streamlined and processes automated. The skills required of advanced manufacturing workers have likewise evolved. Our courses will help your employees advance their manufacturing technology knowledge and skills.
- Assembly, Manufacturing
- Bearings and Seals
- Belts and Chains
- Blueprint Reading
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Mfg.
- Electrical Maintenance
- Electrical Motors
- Electricity, Basic
- Electricity, Industrial
- Electronic Troubleshooting
- Electronics and Electricity
- Gears & Gear Reduction
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Lean and Six Sigma, including tools such as 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, FMEA and Standardized Work
- Lubrication - Principles & Systems
- Machining, Fundamentals
- Math and Measuring, Industrial Measurements
- Pipes & Valves
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Shaft Alignment
- Transmission, Power
- Welding, Maintenance
- Welding, Production
The concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers are covered in our courses. We cover manufacturing, distribution and service industries.
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- ISO 9000 Internal Auditor Training
- Overview of ISO 9000
- Root Cause Analysis
- Six Sigma
- Statistical Process Control I (SPC)
- Team Work for Improving Quality
- Teamwork and Problem Solving
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Total Quality Transformation (TQT)
The Logistics field focuses on providing transportation of passengers and cargo, warehousing and storage of goods as well as the support activities related to modes of transportation. This includes the tracking of goods and services through all distribution channels.
- Logistics Technician Tracks I - IV
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Cargo Security
- Transportation Management Regulation & Compliance
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Preventing accidents and ill health caused by work should be a key priority. We can help you develop a positive health and safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone.
- First Aid
- Emergency Medical Responder
- CEU and CEH classes for a wide array of health professionals
- All required OSHA and Safety Courses
Our courses offer techniques for integrating renewable energy applications in a variety of business and industrial environments.
- Solar Power
- Micro Hydro
- Home Scale Biodiesel
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges Continuing Education offers busy people a flexible and convenient way to learn. Our non-credit, online course solutions allow individuals to choose from hundreds of courses in a variety of subjects. Classes are available at a wide range, from four weeks long for topic and tool exploration to 18 months for training to reach a professional skill level.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Administrative Professional
- Bookkeeping with Quickbooks
- Data Analysis
- Graphic Design with Photoshop
- Human Resources Professional
- Legal Secretary
- Scrum Developer Certified
- Search Engine Marketing
And many more!
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.