NextGen Education Series
Eastern Iowa Community College, in partnership with SharedIT, is pleased to announce
the NEXTGEN Education Series.
The class is for users of the software NextGen, such as Practice Site managers/Office Managers/Billing specialists, and some front-end users such as Medical Assistants. The neat thing is there is a topic within the series that hits most of the major areas of an outpatient clinic.
This series of 10 classes occurs monthly from September 2017 through July 2018 (no December class). All classes will be the third Tuesday of the month, from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Scott Community College Urban Center Campus, 306 W. River Drive, Davenport.
September 19: Practice Management v5.9 Introduction
- Compare and Contrast version 5.9 PM prior releases
- List the enhancement in version 5.9 PM
- Apply new features of version 5.9 PM
October 17: EHR v5.9 Introduction
- Compare and Contrast version 5.9 EHR with prior releases
- List the enhancement in version 5.9 EHR
- Apply new features of version 5.9 EHR
November 21: Practice Management v5.9 Demographics and Scheduling
- Configure settings to meet your Practice Demographic data collection needs
- Configure settings to meet your Practice scheduling needs
- Optimize workflow for demographic input
- Optimize workflow for scheduling
January 16: Practice Management v5.9 Patient & Insurance Collections
- Configure settings to meet your practice’s patient and insurance collection needs
- Configure file maintenance items to meet your practice’s patient and insurance collection results
- Improve workflow for patient collections
- Improve workflow for insurance collections
February 20: EHR v5.9 - Module Training
- Understand the changes to Medication, Inbox, Lab, Procedure, Problem List, Reconcile, and PAQ.
- Improve workflow for the Medication, Inbox, Lab, Procedure, Problem List, Reconcile, and PAQ.
March 20: EHR KBM v8.4 - Workflow
- Understand the changes in KBM v8.4
- Implement workflow using KBM v8.4
April 17: EHR v5.9 Template Editor and Document Builder Training
- Creating and customizing templates
- Creating and customizing documents
- Template Customizing focuses on template types, basic trigger functions, field types and basic programming to make minor changes to existing or the creating of a new template.
- Document Customization focuses on making changes or creating documents utilizing macros which exist or creating your own.
- How to import and export these Templates and Documents.
May 22: V5.9 Document Management Tool
- Understand the changes in the Document Management tool v5.9
- Improve workflow using the Document Management Tool v5.9
June 19: V5.9 Reporting EPM and EHR
- Be able to create, save, and run EPM reports
- Be able to create, save, and run EHR reports
- Create custom reports using EPM
- Create custom reports using EHR
- Compare and contrast reporting with Crystal Reports
- Introduction to data layout within NextGen EHR and EPM
July 17: Open Class - Topic TBD