The Microsoft Word 2013 Introduction course teaches students to create, edit and format documents, as well as add tables and other layout options.
Upon completion of the course, users will be able to:
- Create a document
- Edit a document
- Format text and paragraphs
- Add tables
- Manage lists
- Insert graphic objects
- Control page appearance
- Proof a document
- Customize the Word environment
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
- Topic A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
- Topic B: Create a Word Document
- Topic C: Help
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
- Topic A: Navigate and Select Text
- Topic B: Modify Text
- Topic C: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic B: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic C: Display Text as List Items
- Topic D: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
- Topic F: Apply Styles
- Topic G: Manage Formatting
Lesson 4: Adding Tables
- Topic A: Insert a Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table
- Topic C: Format a Table
- Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 5: Managing Lists
- Topic A: Sort a List
- Topic B: Renumber a List
- Topic C: Customize a List
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic B: Add a Watermark
- Topic C: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic D: Control Page Layout
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
- Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic B: Other Proofing Tools
- Topic C: Check Accessibility
Lesson 9: Customizing the Word Environment
- Topic A: Customize the Word Interface
- Topic B: Additional Save Options
In this course, you will expand your knowledge of Microsoft Word. You will work with tables and charts to organize and summarize data. You will use styles and themes to customize the look of your documents. You will add images and custom graphic elements to your documents to graphically show information. You will add building blocks of information and updatable fields to the document to improve efficiency. You will control how text flows around graphics, between paragraphs, and between pages, and use section, page, and column breaks in your documents. You will use templates to maintain consistency between documents. You will use the mail merge feature to customize and personalize content. Finally, you will create and use macros to automate tasks.
- Work with tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Insert content using Quick Parts.
- Control text flow.
- Use templates.
- Use mail merge.
- Use macros.
Lesson 1: Working with Tables and Charts
- Topic A: Sort Table Data
- Topic B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic D: Create a Chart
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Topic A: Create and Modify Text Styles
- Topic B: Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Topic C: Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Using Images in a Document
- Topic A: Resize an Image
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic D: Insert and Format Screenshots
- Topic E: Insert Video
Lesson 4: Creating Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Draw Shapes
- Topic C: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 5: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic B: Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Topic C: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 6: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic C: Insert Columns
- Topic D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 7: Using Templates
- Topic A: Create a Document Using a Template
- Topic B: Create a Template
Lesson 8: Using Mail Merge
- Topic A: The Mail Merge Features
- Topic B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic C: Create a Data Source Using Word
Lesson 9: Using Macros
- Topic A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro
In this course, you will manage, revise, and distribute documents.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Secure a document.
- Create forms.
Lesson 1: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic A: Modify User Information
- Topic B: Share a Document
- Topic C: Compare Document Changes
- Topic D: Review a Document
- Topic E: Merge Document Changes
- Topic F: Review Tracked Changes
- Topic G: Coauthor Documents
Lesson 2: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
- Topic A: Add Captions
- Topic B: Add Cross-References
- Topic C: Add Bookmarks
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 3: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Topic A: Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Topic B: Insert an Index
- Topic C: Insert a Table of Contents
- Topic D: Insert an Ancillary Table
- Topic E: Manage Outlines
- Topic F: Create a Master Document
Lesson 4: Securing a Document
- Topic A: Suppress Information
- Topic B: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic C: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Topic D: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 5: Forms
- Topic A: Create Forms
- Topic B: Manipulate Forms