The EICCD Foundation enjoys the leadership of a strong and dedicated group of community leaders who serve as our Board of Directors.
This Board has developed the following mission statement and identified nine priorities for the Foundation.
The Eastern Iowa Community College District Foundation builds awareness, friendships and financial support to further EICC's mission of delivering quality education and services to strengthen our community.
- Meet needs not provided for in college foundations’ missions
- Support innovation and future focus
- Financial support for attendees, with emphasis on non-credit
- Advocacy for EICC
- Support district's facilities needs
- Repository for and distributor of gifts
- Property management
- Collaboration with other/college foundations
Within these priorities, our current areas of focus include:
- Supplemental funding for the Eastern Iowa Small Business Development Center. As state
funding for the SBDCs continues to decrease, it is more important than ever to ensure
this vital service remains available to entrepreneurs and small business owners in
- Support for students in our Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency Test, adult
and family literacy and English language learners programs. This includes expanding
Partners for Adult Learning Success (PALS), a donor-designated fund within the Community
Foundation of the Great River Bend that provides financial assistance to students
in these areas.
- Equipment for the Midwest Center for Public Safety Training. This one-of-a-kind training facility in northwest Davenport offers unique opportunities for safety training simulations, including a wave pool, construction training prop and ice rescue situations.