If an emergency situation occurs in a classroom, notify your instructor immediately. If an emergency situation occurs in the parking lots, hallways or grounds, report it to the information desk attendant located in the Student Center.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges now has a Mobile App! You can download it from Google Play or the Apple App Store by searching for Eastern Iowa Mobile App. The App will provide you easy access to your schedule of classes, college announcements, your financial aid information and much more. It is easy to navigate and puts key college information right on your phone.
Tornado Evacuation Policy
When the city tornado warning siren sounds a continuous, three-minute tone indicating that a tornado has been sighted, all persons on campus should immediately follow evacuation procedures that are posted in all classrooms.
A fire exit is posted in each classroom. Please become familiar with this plan. If a fire is discovered, the individual should:
- Pull the nearest alarm and an emergency intercom.
- Call 0 and identify the location of the fire to the Information Center. The operator
will call the fire
department. In case of a fire alarm:
- All students should leave the building quickly, quietly and in single file by the
posted exit marked unless
- Students may be appointed by the staff to operate fire extinguishers, make phone calls, etc.
- After leaving the building, students will continue to walk one hundred (100) feet away from the building.
- When instructed to do so, students will return to classes quietly and quickly.
The intercom system will announce any emergencies at all locations. Students should remain calm and follow the directions provided by the intercom system.