Minor Children on Campus
Children may visit certain college offices and facilities for limited periods of time when their parent or guardian is conducting routine business at the college. However, regular repeated visits by children are not permitted. Under no circumstances are children permitted in:
- Labs, construction/repair sites, other areas where potential hazards exist or recreation facilities, unless those facilities are being used for activities intended to include children (e.g. family hours, sports camps, etc.).
- Testing centers.
- Computer classrooms.
- Classrooms: except when the child’s presence is necessary for classroom activities.
- A child should never be left unattended while the parent or guardian is attending class, conducting other business or attending a public event on campus.
- Line of sight supervision by the parent or guardian is required at all times; should a child become disruptive, the student and child may be asked to leave.
The following guidelines apply to bringing children to the campus by visitors:
- Line of sight supervision by the parent or guardian is required at all times.
- Parent or guardian must assure that children are not disruptive.
- Parent or guardian must not leave children unattended while on campus, including athletic
or other EICC activities.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges assume no responsibility or liability for children, or for any accidents or injuries to children. For the purposes of this guideline, a child is defined as any youth under the age of 18 who is not officially registered in an EICC class.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.