Eastern Iowa Community Colleges is seeking a full-time Web Developer. This position
will serve the Eastern Iowa Community College Campuses housed in the district office.
Director of Enterprise Applications
$65K – $75K/Year
The Web Developer is the technical point of contact for the college’s intranet portal (EICConnect) and integrated or related applications. This position works collaboratively within the Enterprise Applications team, the Information Technology department, and the larger college community to maintain and update a modern, engaging, and intuitive interface that enables students, staff, and faculty to easily access the systems, technology, tools, and documents they need. While this position typically works normal business hours, early mornings, nights or weekends may be required for resolution of issues or to perform system implementations and upgrades.
- Associate degree with a major in computer science, web development, management information systems or a related field and two years of professional work experience in technical web development. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, PowerApps, Flow, SharePoint, Active Directory, C#, and other Microsoft tools.
- Experience with PowerBI or other data analytics tools, Ellucian Experience, and Ellucian Ethos is highly desired.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to be highly effective in cross-functional teams.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides web development and programming for EICC’s internal portal (EICConnect) and integrated applications, including serving as the primary point of contact for Ellucian Experience and Ethos.
- Develops forms, documents, and workflows in PHP and Microsoft PowerApps.
- Implements, tests, installs and communicates updates and upgrades.
- Coordinates and manages the interface for data integrations and transfers between systems.
- Develops and provides training and resource documents.
- Establishes and maintains systems documentation for hardware, software and procedures, as required.
- Communicates regularly with system users providing information on correct procedures, explaining changes, and use of new applications.
- Works closely with the Director of Enterprise Applications to ensure coordination and timely communication of task and project timelines. Provides recommendations for system efficiency, improvements, upgrades, and new initiatives.
- Provides assistance with Ellucian Colleague and Ellucian Self-Service systems and other systems as needed.
- Provides general backup support for other Enterprise Applications staff.
- Cultivates relationships with internal and external customers and provides quality service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Is available for on call and off hour projects and tasks.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Director of Enterprise Applications.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Review of applications will begin Thursday, April 6, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
t is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.