Senior Executive Assistant
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community College is seeking a Sr. Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Education and Training.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for Education and Training this position will be responsible for:
- Managing the operational details and coordinates the various credit and non-credit business-processes for the office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Serves as a communication liaison between the district vice chancellor’s office and colleges.
- Assist with meeting planning arrangements.
- Works closely with the dean of continuing education, dean of curriculum, dean of career and technical education, dean of online education, dean of adult education, instructional deans, and their related staff to assign/monitor area-wide projects and budget matters for credit and non-credit.
- Assist with mattes of accreditation, articulation, and program reviews for the district.
- Supports the vice chancellor and distributes work to staff, as needed.
Qualifications will include:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and increasing levels of responsibility in a business or education environment.
- Able to work independently with honed organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Skilled in maintaining effective relations with administration and instructional personnel as well as students and the general public.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills.
Review of applications will begin March 19, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive,
Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.