Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community Colleges is seeking an FT. Maintenance employee.
Under the direction of the District Facilities Manager this position will be responsible for:
- Performing routine building maintenance duties as required to clean, maintain, and
keep functional all areas in all buildings and adjacent areas as to provide sanitary,
safe and secure facilities for students, staff, tenants and general public. This position
will be responsible for performing all general maintenance duties as directed.
Qualifications will include:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Three years proven building maintenance experience.
- Must have basic understanding of electricity and plumbing fixtures.
- Must have demonstrated experience with equipment operation and knowledge of safety devises.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in equipment operation and knowledge of safety devises, use and procedure.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, crawl, lift 50lbs.,
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin Monday, February 25, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.