Nursing Instructor - Full Time
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Health programs this position will be responsible for:
- Providing educational instruction in accordance with the strategic priorities of the college, general college guidelines, board policies, and administrative guidelines.
- Teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes may include alternative delivery methods to include technology-based instructional tools, on-line and hybrid environments.
- Responsibilities will include program recruiting, advising students, and facilitating
Teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes may include varying schedules to include evenings and weekends, multiple campuses, and alternative delivery methods to include technology-based instructional tools, on-line and hybrid environments.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree in Nursing required, or shall make annual progress toward the attainment of such degree.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa Registered Nurse license and BCLS certified.
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and practical judgment
- A minimum of 2 years’ nursing experience working in a clinical setting
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Review of applications/resumes will begin October 28, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and submit your resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third St., Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.