Manager of Academic Advising/Student Success
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community Colleges is seeking a Manager of Academic Advising/Student Success.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Development this position will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership in the areas of advising and International students and will assist in leading
- Student Housing, Retention, and Student Engagement.
- Will work closely with department personnel and faculty to support students’ goal-attainment.
- Will coordinate programs and ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in advising, student housing, or student engagement in a community college setting preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must be skilled in maintaining effective relations with administration and instructional personnel as well as students and the general public.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
Review of applications will begin May 20, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-366-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.