Assistant Dean of Adult Education
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community Colleges is seeking an Assistant Dean of Adult Education
Under the direction of the Dean of Adult and Online Education this position will be responsible for:
- Under limited supervision, the Assistant Dean is responsible for the day-to-day operations
of the assigned campus and associated centers. The Assistant Dean oversees the creation
of effective, student-centered instructional models and the implementation of programming
with and for adult faculty and students. This position will provide leadership in
the expansion and implementation of college and community based programming in Adult
Basic Education (ABE), High School Equivalency (HSE), English Language Acquisition
(ELA), and in credit-based adult degree programming.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a combination of teaching/counseling/leadership experience in Adult Basic Education, English language acquisition, and special education/learning, disabilities is desirable as is experience in working with high-risk populations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess and exhibit the ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must be skilled in maintaining effective relations with students, administration, instructional personnel, and the general public.
Review of applications will begin May 13, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.