Academic Advisor & Program Recruiter
MCC campus is seeking an FT. Academic Advisor & Program Recruiter.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Development this position will be responsible for:
- Assist students through the enrollment process from recruitment to advising and goal
completion. Work with students on admissions, placement, career/goal identification,
course selection, educational plans and financial aid in a case management model.
Work with at-risk students to increase their academic achievement, course, and program
completion for graduation. Work with new and prospective students to encourage enrollment
in selected programs.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous Community College career and academic advising, and marketing experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must be skilled in maintaining effective relations with administration and instructional personnel as well as students and the general public.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
Review of applications will begin Monday, December 9, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.