Interim Dean of Instruction
Clinton Community College is seeking an Interim Dean of Instruction
(The successful candidate will fill the role of Interim Dean of Instruction starting Spring Semester 2019 thru Spring Semester 2020)
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of Student Development/President this position will be responsible for:
- The Dean of Instruction is the chief academic officer for the college. As a member of the Council of Deans and the Vice Chancellor’s Council, the dean works with the vice chancellor for education and training and in collaboration with the other deans to provide district-wide leadership for the strategic direction of all the instructional programs and services. The Dean is responsible for college functions related to instruction including program development, curriculum, scheduling, budget management, human resource/talent development, supervision and evaluation. With emphasis on student success and completion, the dean is instrumental in identifying and supporting best practices in pedagogy, program development, and assessment for both career technical programs, transfer programs, and concurrent enrollment offerings. As a member of the Council of Deans and the Vice Chancellor’s Council, the dean works with the vice chancellor for education and training and in collaboration with the other deans to provide district-wide leadership for the strategic direction of all the instructional programs and services.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree required; doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of three years of teaching and/or administrative experience in higher education, preferably at a community college.
- Teaching experience and administrative leadership required, preferably on the community college level.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Must display the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, multi-college leadership team.
- Prior experience working with external partnerships is preferred.
- Proven experience with pedagogical best practices and outcomes assessment.
- Experience with innovative delivery systems, transfer and career and technical programs, dual enrollment programs, and integration of technology.
Review of applications will begin Monday, February 11, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For detailed job description and more information please visit our website at www.eicc.edu/JobsatEICC. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third St., Davenport IA 52801.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation,
gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital
status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa
Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.
§§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX
(Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act
of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42
U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.