Industrial Technology Training Instructor
EICC is seeking a Ft. Industrial Technology Training Instructor
Under the direction of the Director of Economic Development this position will be responsible for:
- Responsible for teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes in Continuing Education
Industrial Technology programs. The instructor is responsible for teaching in accordance
with course materials and facilitating a positive learning environment. This instructor
will also work with Continuing Education staff to develop, evaluate, and coordinate
the program instructional materials. Assignments may include alternative delivery
methods, evening courses, potential weekends, and off campus sites. Must demonstrate
excellence in teaching and service. Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission
and values of the community college.
Qualifications will include:
- Required Bachelor’s degree in a relevant industrial engineering technical field.
- Minimum of 5-years recent hands-on job experience in one or more of the following areas: industrial maintenance, hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial electricity, machining, including CNC (computer numeric control), welding, industrial robotics, industrial math & measurement, blue print reading, mechanisms, bearings and lubrication, industrial safety, programmable logic controllers, and quality control.
- Prefer two years proven experience as trainer/instructor in industrial environment or community college.
- Should have and maintain current knowledge of specific industrial training needs (current industry standards for the program being delivered).
- Experience in developing technical course content, including knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to contribute to a diverse work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Previous experience delivering group presentations/training, etc.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to travel to training locations throughout the EICC geographic area.
Review of applications will begin June 29, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete the online application and send resume, transcripts, and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West 3rd. St., Davenport, Iowa 52801.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.