Health Care Site Coordinator (HIT/CIM)
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Health Programs this position will be responsible for:
- Serves as health care site coordinator for the HIT/CIM programs. Responsible for
the accomplishment of a variety of duties related to: communicating with sites to
arrange for students to accomplish practical experience in the HIM/CIM programs, arranging
times and content of student experience at various health care sites throughout a
number of states, ensuring that practical experiences are in keeping with program
accreditation guidelines and requirements, maintaining student records and files according
to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) standards, preparing accreditation
reports, preparing program and accreditation correspondence, and other matters relating
to course offerings, student practical experience, and curriculum materials for the
Qualifications will include:
- Associate’s Degree in HIT/CIM or health-related field or equivalent is required.
- 2 years of experience within a medical site or higher education setting is preferred.
- Excellent computer and research skills, including Microsoft applications as well as experience with data management systems or software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess and exhibit the ability to ensure confidentiality, and have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse workforce, student population, and external constituents.
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to provide quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
Review of applications will begin Monday, April 29, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.