Environmental, Health and Safety Program Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Innovation this position will be responsible for:
- Providing professional leadership for the EHS program by demonstrating a high level of competence in teaching and other activities, has an openness to new ideas, a willingness to experiment and to evaluate the results, and participates in professional associations and community activities.
This position will also be responsible for providing coordination and training in EICC’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Training (HSET) program. This person will work as a member of the HSET team to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate organized HSET public and customized programs for the EICC service area and partner colleges. This person will also work closely with collaborate with Campus Presidents and Deans of instruction at SCC, MCC, and CCC, to create and deliver offerings in communities throughout the District.
As a representative of the Eastern Iowa Community College District, this person must convey a professional and positive image. The trainer must exercise a high degree of independent judgment, initiative, organization, and problem-solving in the successful operation of programs and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health preferred, Associated degree required.
- Minimally two years of OSHA Training/Teaching background.
- Must possess OSHA 500,501, 5600 trainer authorization.
- Must possess CCCHST trainer authorization.
- Strong computer application skills that will also include researching and locating safety information and government agencies/industry networking.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to develop and maintain solid relationships with businesses in the community.
- Must be able to teach, organize, and coordinate instructional activities including program development (design, implementation, and maintenance) of online courses couple with marketing/recruiting activities in the EHS program.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand for extended periods of time, sit, bend, crawl, lift 50lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, or ability to secure transportation to customer locations throughout the EICC district.
Review of applications/resumes will begin September 3, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and submit your resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third St., Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.