Culinary Arts Lab Assistant
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Scott Community College is seeking a PT. Lab Assistant – Culinary Arts (19hrs. per week)
Under the direction of the Culinary Arts Facilitator this position will be responsible for:
- Assist culinary instructors with laboratory instruction.
- Provide opportunity for students to practice skills and give assistance to students to improve performance.
- Develop and/or supervise lab activities to enhance student learning and productivity.
- Maintain safety measures and follow correct incident follow-up procedures.
- Responsible for the cleaning of and maintenance of equipment and supplies in the lab.
- Maintain inventory
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications will include:
- Culinary Arts degree required or five years of industry experience
- Must have demonstrated computer skills.
- Proven experience in food purchasing and inventory preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. frequently.
- Must be available to work flexible work hours to include days and evenings and split shifts.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license or have transportation available.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street,
Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.