Men & Women’s Cross Country Coach
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges –Scott Community College is seeking a PT. Men & Women’s Cross Country Coach
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Athletic Director this position will be responsible for:
- Teaching the fundamentals of Cross Country and performing coaching duties at meets and daily practices.
- Develop track meet schedule in cooperation with Athletic Director.
- Ensure NJCCA rules are adhered to at all times.
- Recruit student athletes
- Arrange for transportation for practices and meets.
- Maintain team rosters and player statistics.
- Report track meet results to local media and other appropriate entities after each meet.
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications will include:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, administration, staff coaches, athletes and the community.
- Must have strong organizational administrative skills.
- Proven experience in cross-country coaching required.
- Must have State of Iowa Coaching Authorization
- Must be available for daily scheduled practices and games.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.