CE Food Instructor
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Continuing Education Program is seeking Part Time Instructors for our food preparation program.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are seeking part time food preparation instructors who have a passion for cooking and preparing special cuisine. This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who desires to share their cooking instruction in a setting that allows participant hands-on learning in a kitchen laboratory with demonstration area.
Under the direction of the Continuing Education program director the food preparation instructors will be responsible for:
- Teaching non-credit classes normally lasting 3 hours.
- Instructor will be responsible for selecting recipes to be used and submitting the recipe to the Continuing Education Office for approval, copying, etc.
- Instructor will be responsible for purchasing groceries needed for class and requesting reimbursement for such. (Some supplies on-site)
- Will be responsible for instructing 6 to 20 adult students (there are exceptions for parent/child classes)
- Instructing will occur at the West Davenport Center, 2950 N. Fairmount St., Davenport, Iowa.
- Instructors will be compensated $80.00 per class.
Qualifications will include:
- Prefer previous teaching experience.
- Must have a true passion for food preparation and special cuisine.
Review of qualified applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street, Davenport IA 52801-1221 or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu
Women and Minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities who require special accommodations in the application or testing process should notify the Human Resources Department prior to the closing date. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.