College and Career Ready Counselor
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community College is seeking a Ft. College and Career Ready counselor (195 day contract)
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Development this position will be responsible for:
- Responsible for providing direct services to students, parents/families, and school
staff across two school districts and the college to support postsecondary success
and college preparation.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree in School Counseling or related program leading to Iowa licensure as a School Counselor (Professional Service License or School Counselor Endorsement) required.
- Experience in secondary and/or postsecondary education settings preferred. Experience in programs serving low-income, minority, and ELL students and families preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin January 21, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please send resume and
cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third Street,
Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.